Firefighters rescued three dogs from a house fire in Arlington early this morning.
The fire broke out shortly before 1 a.m. at a home on N. Kensington Street, just north of Langston Blvd in the Leeway Overlee neighborhood.
The house filled with smoke after a fire in the dishwasher, according to scanner traffic. The residents made it out okay but told arriving first responders that their three dogs were still inside. Firefighters searched the house and were able to find each dog one-by-one, apparently in different parts of the house.
No people nor pets were hurt, the Arlington County Fire Department said this morning.
“Smoke alarms SAVE LIVES!” the fire department said on Twitter.
(2/2) Crews quickly extinguished the fire and were able to locate and remove all 3 dogs. Occupants were alerted to the fire by their smoke alarms. There were no civilian, pet, or firefighter injuries. Smoke alarms SAVE LIVES! More Information: https://t.co/4tewzJh95d
— Arlington Fire & EMS (@ArlingtonVaFD) March 17, 2022